OCMA Professional Development (PD) Session
Saturday March 12th, 2016
Fanshawe College London Campus
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd
Room SC 2013
London, Ontario N5Y 5R6
“Right Sizing” Mathematics Admission Requirements
Have you had experience trying to “right size” the mathematics admission requirements for your college program? Are you looking to set or change your math admission requirements? There is always a balance and “tension” among student success, access to programs and mathematics skill sets unique to each program. Come hear the experiences of College faculty, program coordinators and administrators who have set mathematics admission requirements for their programs. Break out into working sessions to explore all the considerations of setting your math admission requirements. Come away with a plan for your program!
Health Sciences Professor; Mathematics Coordinator“Data Analysis for Fanshawe Pre-Health Science Math Admission Requirements”
Associate Dean, School of Architectural Technology; Special Advisor, Academic Resource Planning and Allocation.“Supporting Student Success with Admissions Modelling; A case study of Architectural Technology at Sheridan College”
Mathematics & Physics Coordinator; "Changing Math Admission Requirements For Lambton College Advanced Diploma Technology Programs"
Friday, March 11th
- If you’re staying the night before, check in at Station Park All Suite Hotel (http://www.stationparkhotel.com/ ), 242 Pall Mall St., London, N6A 5P6. Hotel and parking included in your Friday night stay registration.
- 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Open Hospitality event at Bertoldi’s Trattoria, 650 Richmond St., London, N6A 3G6 (http://www.bertoldis.ca/). Munchies (heavy appetizers – not really “dinner”) and soft drinks included in your Friday night stay registration.
Saturday March 12th
- Arrive at Fanshawe College London Campus Driving Directions: http://www.fanshawec.ca/about-fanshawe/contact-us/maps-anddirections/driving-directions-map-london-campus
- Park in Lot 8 on the north side of campus (free on Saturdays). Campus map: http://www.fanshawec.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/docs/map.pdf
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Welcome and continental breakfast (included in your registration) in Room SC 2013, Fanshawe College
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: Guest speaker presentations
- Alan Warren: Lambton College
- Julian Jarosh: Fanshawe College
- Dave Wackerlin: Sheridan College
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Break-out sessions: plans for setting/changing admissions requirements
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Wrap-up and closing thoughts